PUNTA GORDA, Fla. — Florida Fish and Wildlife is hosting its first Florida WildQuest event from May 1st to 9th.
This is a unique scavenger hunt experience in wildlife management areas throughout the state.
Florida residents and visitors are encouraged to grab their mobile devices and join a wild adventure with missions designed to help people discover some of Florida’s best spots to see wildlife and enjoy the outdoors.
Participants who register and earn at least 2,000 points on one of the scavenger hunts can enter a drawing for wilderness-inspired prizes including a pair of binoculars and a field guide set!
Players can go on the “Master WildQuest” or “WildQuest Jr.” at any lead WMA or visit one of the featured areas that will have area-specific quests:
- Big Bend Wildlife Management Area, Tide Swamp Unit in Steinhatchee.
- Fred C. Babcock/Cecil M. Webb Wildlife Management Area in Punta Gorda.
- Chinsegut Wildlife and Environmental Area in Brooksville.
- Guana River Wildlife Management Area in Ponte Vedra Beach.
- W. Corbett Wildlife Management Area in West Palm Beach.
- Kirk Edwards Wildlife and Environmental Area in Tallahassee.
- Tosohatchee Wildlife Management Area in Christmas.
To join a scavenger hunt, players will need a mobile device and the free GooseChase app.
For more information and instructions visit FloridaNatureTrackers.com.
Florida WildQuest is designed to be a safe, socially distanced outdoor event for individuals and small groups. When interacting with staff and other visitors, masks should be worn if social distancing guidelines (6 feet) cannot be met.