FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Job seekers in Southwest Florida will have a chance to be seen by some of the top employers in the area next week.
The Job News South Florida Job Fair will be held Wednesday, February 22nd from 10am-2pm.
Location is the Crowne Plaza (13051 Bell Tower Drive Fort Myers, FL 33907).
The event is sponsored by TruGreen, Fox4 and Renda Broadcasting- Gator Country, BOB FM, Mix 104.7 and 98.9!
Renda Broadcasting which represent top stations like Gator Country, BOB FM, Mix 104.7 and 98.9 will be at the event hiring for positions in Bonita Springs! They are looking to bring aboard Full Time Sales representatives and Part Time promotions reps who love the many perks of working in radio and the entertainment industry!
Fox 4/WFTX will be hiring for Account Executives, AM Executive Producers, Creative Service Associate Producers, Production Specialist and Receptionists!
Seminole Casino- Immokalee will be at the event conducting on the spot interviews for over 50 openings: Cooks, Customer Service Representatives, Slot Attendants, Servers, Host, Bartenders, Cash Operations, Security and more!
TruGreen will be interviewing and making on the spot offers for over 40 openings! They are currently hiring for 20 sales representatives and 20 service openings in Fort Myers!
Collier County Sheriff’s Department has immediate openings for Dispatchers, Road Patrol Deputies and Jail Deputies. They offer outstanding benefits as well as tuition reimbursement, take home cars *depending on the position, Uniform Maintenance and Shoe Allowance for CO/LEO positions and more!
South Seas Island Resort will be interviewing for Beach Attendants, Restaurant Servers, Marina Attendants, Line Cooks, Bellperson and Retail Sales Associates!
B & I Contractors will be at the event interviewing to fill over 20 openings! They are hiring Plumbing CAD Detailers, Senior HVAC Service Technicians, Plumbers, Electrical Estimators, HVAC Startup Warranty Administrative Assistants and Sheet Metal Mechanics. They are an employee owned company and offer apprenticeship programs. They also have Company picnics, Christmas parties and offer Superintendents company phones and iPads! The positions are available all throughout Florida!
RF Connect will be conducting on the spot interviews for Business Development Associates in Fort Myers, Naples and Southwest Florida! They offer a base salary + commission, full benefits, 401K and more!
Bankers Life will be interviewing for Financial Services, Management, Retirement Planning and Entry Level Sales Reps in Fort Myers and Bonita Springs! They offer potential for a 6 figure income, bonuses, benefits and amazing trips to earn!
Carl’s Patio will be interviewing for Retail Sales Associates, Stock People and Assistant Managers in Fort Myers, North Naples and South Naples!
IHOP will be conducting interviews on the spot for over 25 openings: Servers, Bussers, Cooks and Hostesses!
Advanced Disposal will be doing on the spot interviews at the event for 8 Drivers and 2 Mechanics! They offer great benefits, Free Life and LTD Insurance, Vacation and Personal Days as well as 401K.
Orkin will be at the event hiring for Territory Sales Representatives.
Alorica will be at the event hiring for Customer Service Representatives, Sales and Customer Service Representatives!
City Furniture is recruiting for Delivery Drivers, Warehouse and Sales Associates.
For a full list of companies attending, visit: http://sales.jobnewsusa.com/p/nla94qve
How to GET HIRED:
1. Visit jobnewsusa.com/southflorida before the event and pre-register (you can also do this at the door). On the site you will be able to view the event directory so you can see who's hiring and what jobs are available.
2. Get a game plan and research companies of interest from the directory. Develop tailored resumes for the companies you want to apply with.
3. Have a clear career focus. Be prepared with an answer to one of the first questions each recruiter is going to ask you: “So, why are you here?”.
4. Sharpen and rehearse your elevator speech. Your elevator speech can be a great response to the typical interview question, “tell me about yourself”
5. Prepare and practice responses to typical interview questions. “Tell me what you know about our organization” and “Why do you want to work here?”
6. Sketch out a few questions to ask each recruiter.
7. Dress professionally! Clean-cut, well-fitting, conservative. Bring breath mints!
8. Make a good first and lasting impression! Wait patiently in line for your chance to chat with the recruiter and make sure you ask for their contact information before leaving.
9. Jot down notes as soon as you are done with the recruiter and include these notes in your thank you email that you will send when you get home.
10. Follow up!
11. Make sure you arrange for child care the day of the event. You wouldn’t bring your child to an interview – don’t bring them to Career Fair. Career Fairs should be viewed as 30 interviews in one day!