CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- A man was electrocuted and died, Saturday, while he was trimming a tree for a client on Vendome Court, off Cape Coral Street.
The area was blocked off with crime scene tape through the afternoon, but has since cleared. Glenn Embrie, who lives at the home where the accident happened called it tragic. "I wasn't home. I got the phone call from one of the neighbors that everything was going on," he said. "Apparently he touched the power line with the pole-saw."
The man, whose identity has not been released by police, was a local landscaper in the area and a father of four, according to Embrie.
Fox 4 spoke with a neighbor who saw the aftermath of the accident. "I came out and I saw the guy in the air and he was burnt," he said.
Fox 4 reached out to LCEC, the power company that serves the area, and we have not heard back yet. However, LCEC and FPL offer tree trimming services to avoid dangerous accidents like this one. FPL's tree trimming service can be reached here . LCEC's service can be reached here .