CAPE CORAL, Fla. — September is prostate cancer awareness month.
The prostate cancer foundation says 30-percent of cancers are preventable through lifestyle changes, including eating better. Each day on Fox 4, we'll profile a superfood you can incorporate into your diet. The challenge is called the "Eat It To Beat It."
Today's superfood is pickles.
Pickles also have some cancer fighting benefits.
Here is today's recipe:
- 8oz of whole fat plain Greek yogurt
- 8oz of reduced-fat plain cream cheese
- 4 quartered dill pickle spears
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika ground
- 2 tablespoons of pickle juice