Five recovering after retirement community fire in Fort Myers

Posted at 2:18 PM, Feb 07, 2017
and last updated 2017-02-08 09:59:52-05

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Five people are recovering after an electrical fire broke out inside a retirement community in downtown Fort Myers.

Firefighters say it happened inside a third-floor bathroom at Calusa Harbor on First Street.

A fan reportedly caught fire and fell onto a toilet, causing the fire to spread.

Four employees and one tenant were later treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation, but they're each expected to be okay.