NAPLES, Fla — The NCH Healthcare System is limiting hospital visitation hours due to the current rise in COVID-19 cases.
NCH says hours will now be from 12:00pm - 6:00 pm for general and critical care units.
The change will go into effect on Tuesday, December 15, 2020.
The healthcare system is encouraging clinicians to use their best judgment in making exceptions for compassionate care reasons.
A few visitation guidelines will remain in place.
- All visitors to the hospital must practice social distancing and will be required to complete a screening process and sanitize their hands with alcohol-based gel before visitation.
- No visitation is allowed for anyone who has respiratory symptoms, including coughing, runny nose, fever, congestion, shortness of breath, chest pain with inspiration.
- Individuals who are ill, have fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19 should refrain from visiting.
- All visitors are required to wear a hospital supplied face mask at all times while on the campus. Visitors who violate this policy may be asked to leave the facility.
- To reduce the risk of spreading a contagious disease, COVID-19 patients or patients requiring airborne precautions are restricted to compassionate care visitation only.
- General visitation is limited to one visitor per patient at a time.
- Visiting periods should be brief and limited to approximately 1 hour.
- In addition to department specific exceptions, additional exceptions may include support of patients with disabilities or for compassionate care at the discretion of the hospital leadership.
- Visitation is limited to the patient’s room. Common gathering rooms such as family rooms and surgical waiting areas are not available. Visitors are not allowed in the cafeteria.
- No visitors under the age of 12.
Limited General Visiting Hour Guidelines
· General Units & Critical Care: 12 pm-6 pm
· Brookdale Rehabilitation: 4-8 pm
· Behavioral Health (4SE): 1-2 pm and 6-6:45 pm
· Birthplace & NICU: All Hours - one visitor at a time, 18yr+
· Pediatrics: All Hours - parents/guardians, 18yr+