LEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFTX) — Lee Health offers COVID-19 vaccines for anyone 12 and older at its walk-in Community Vaccination Clinic, located inside Gulf Coast Medical Center. It’s open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and there is no cost for the vaccine.
As of this morning, we have 481 COVID-19 patients isolated in our hospitals (inpatient).
· Of these patients, 13 of them are children being treated at Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
· Yesterday, we’ve had 52 new COVID-19 hospital admissions and 52 COVID-19 discharges.
· 42% of our ventilators and 2% of our ICU rooms are available for use. We have 73 COVID-19 patients on ventilators and 87 in the intensive care unit.
· This morning, census was at 101% of staffed operational bed capacity.
· Since the start of the pandemic, 1,025 patients have lost their lives inside our hospitals to COVID-19, including 7 yesterday.