Fire department warns public not to microwave masks

Posted at 2:46 PM, Apr 15, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-15 14:46:00-04

FORT MYERS, Fla. — The South Trail Fire Department is urging people not to microwave their masks.

They have seen an uptick in fires related to people microwaving their masks.

They are reminding people that cloth masks should be cleaned and disinfected.

Mask can be hand washed or placed in washer and dryer.

For more information on how to disinfect your mask click here.