NAPLES, Fla. -- If you're looking to cool off from the Florida summer heat, you don't have to drive to Orlando to find an excellent water park. A national travel website lists one Southwest Florida attraction, Sun-N-Fun Lagoon, among the best in the country.
RECOMMEND : Florida's largest inflatable aqua park
The park came in at No. 24 on the list in the Traveler’s Choice Awards, based on millions of customer reviews. This is the second year in a row Sun-N-Fun has made the list. Last year, the park was No. 21.
Still, the Orlando area water parks dominated the top of the rankings, taking the top three spots.
1. Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, Orlando, Florida
2. Aquatica, Orlando, Florida
3. Disney’s Blizzard Beach, Orlando, Florida
4. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Santa Claus, Indiana
5. Water Country USA, Williamsburg, Virginia
6. Noah’s Ark Water Park, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
7. Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, Erie, Pennsylvania
8. Morey’s Piers and Beachfront Water Parks, Wildwood, New Jersey
9. Waldameer Park & Water World, Erie, Pennsylvania
10. Water World, Federal Heights, Colorado
Visitors to Sun-N-Fun Lagoon are entertained by one million gallons of water in four pools, a long lazy river, and five water slides.
The good news is that Sun-N-Fun Lagoon is far more affordable than the Orlando megaparks. Admission is just $13, and $6 for those under 4 feet. Seniors can get in for $9. Collier County residents get a $2 discount with valid ID.