COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. -- Voters across the country will be hitting the polls on November 6 for general election known as mid-terms.
Some of the key positions up for election this year are Florida Governor, with current Governor Rick Scott stepping down due to term limits; U.S. Senator, with incumbent Bill Nelson hoping to get elected to a fourth term; Attorney General; and Commissioner of Agriculture.
Voters will also have a say in twelve state constitutional amendments, which will need 60% approval to pass.
Polls will open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m. Florida law requires that you provide a picture and signature identification at the polls and prohibits a voter from voting in a precinct in which the voter does not reside.
COLLIER COUNTY SAMPLE BALLOT
Local elections in Collier County on November 6 include State Senator for District 28, State Representative in districts 80, 105, and 106, four District Court of Appeal judges, two County Commission seats, three school board seats, and three City Council seats in each of Everglades City, City of Naples, and City of Marco Island.
More information can be found on the Collier County elections website or by calling 239-252-8683.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE VOTING SITE
To avoid delays, please bring one or two forms of identification that include your signature and photo. Without proper identification, you may still vote a provisional ballot, which will later be evaluated by a canvassing board for eligibility. Any of the following forms of photo identification are acceptable:
- Florida Driver License
- Florida ID Card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- U.S. Passport
- Debit or Credit Card
- Military ID
- Student ID
- Retirement Center ID
- Neighborhood Association ID
- Public Assistance ID
- Veteran Health ID (issued by VA)
- Concealed Weapon License (issued pursuant to s. 790.06)
- Government Employee ID
Early voting in Collier County begins Thursday, October 25th and runs through Saturday, November 3rd at the following locations:
- Collier County Government Complex, 3311 U.S. 41, East Naples
- Everglades City Hall, 102 Copeland Ave. N.
- Golden Gate Community Center, 4701 Golden Gate Parkway
- Immokalee Community Park, 321 N. First St.
- Collier County Library Headquarters, 2385 Orange Blossom Drive, North Naples
- Marco Island Library, 210 S. Heathwood Drive
- Norris Center, 755 Eighth Ave. S.
- North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, North Naples
- Collier Supervisor of Elections Office, 3750 Enterprise Ave., East Naples