LEE COUNTY, Fla. — Florida's 2018 Back-to-school sales tax holiday is set for August 3 to August 5 this year.
Starting August 3rd at 12:01 a.m. qualifying items will be exempt from sales tax. The tax-free holiday ends August 5th at 11:59 p.m.
Parents and students can save sales tax on the following items:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
The sales tax holiday does not apply to the following:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport