NewsLocal News

Actions

Estero family saved by carbon monoxide detector

Posted: 2:47 PM, Aug 16, 2018
Updated: 2018-08-16 18:47:24Z
Estero family saved by carbon monoxide detector
Estero family saved by carbon monoxide detector

LEE COUNTY, Fla. -- An Estero family is thankful for a carbon monoxide detector that alerted them to dangerous levels of the "silent killer" in their home.

According to Estero Fire Rescue, the DiGrazio Family were at their Corkscrew Road home when a keyless-ignition car was accidentally left running in the garage.

That's when they received a call from their ADT security system dispatcher, who advised they should evacuate the home.

First responders detected dangerous amounts of carbon monoxide in the home.

To celebrate their safety and thank the man who likely saved their lives, the dispatcher who made the call will be flying down from Tennessee to meet the family on Friday.