Aprils Pie Company Apple Pie
- ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 8 Tbsp Butter (Unsalted) Diced / Frozen
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts
Apple Pie Filling
- 4 Granny Smith Apples Peeled and Cored
- 2 Fuji Apples Peeled and Cored
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Diced Frozen Crisco shortening
- 5 Tbsp Ice Water
- 1 oz Milk
Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor or mixer
and mix for one minute.
Add Cubed frozen butter.
Pulse until small crumb consistency.
Peel & Core apples and slice into half inch slices.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in bowl.
Combine Flour, Salt & Sugar.
Cut in Crisco.
Add water & milk until dough forms a soft ball.
Shape into a 10in Pie Pan
- Fill pie crust with filling. Form a large mound
- Top with Crumb topping. Fill completely ensuring there
is crumb in all crevaces.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove Aluminum foil and bake till top is golden