Cause determined in Marco Island fire
MARCO ISLAND, Fla. - Investigators determined the cause of a fire that destroyed a home on Marco Island Monday afternoon.
The fire was caused by a scented candle left too close to a roll of paper towels in the kitchen. The candle was lit by the owner who was showing the home and wanted the house to have a nice scent.
Shortly after 1 p.m. Monday Marco Island Fire-Rescue received a call about a structure fire in the 1700 block of Waterfall Court.
The fire destroyed three quarters of the home's roof and the house was declared a total lose.