SWFL man claims he found a glove in his Chili's burger
NAPLES, Fla. - A Bonita Springs man says he went out to dinner in Naples this weekend, but ended up sending his food back to the kitchen he he says he found a glove in his food!
Trenton Roth did a double take when a waitress brought him his burger Saturday night.
"A manager mentioned 3 different people are suppose to check the order to make sure everything is okay. It seems strange to me that 3 different people would miss this," said Roth.
Trenton says he went to the Chili's off of Immokalee Road in Naples with his family and another couple this weekend. No one could believe what ended up on his plate.
"When I first opened it up to take a bite is when I first noticed it. It looked like a piece of plastic."
Trenton snapped some photos. He claims a glove ended up in his sandwich. Eventually a manager came over to take look.
"Eventually our server came by and I explained what I had found and she took the sandwich in the back and proceeded to get a manager."
Chili's apologized and gave Trenton his sandwich for free. He paid $15 for his wife and son's food, but he wants to make sure this doesn't happen again.
"I'm more concerned about how this happened. If I got my $15 dollars back, certainly wouldn't complain. Mostly, I don't want this to happen to anyone else."
Fox 4 reached out to Chili's corporate office for a response. The restaurant sent us the follow statement: “At Chili’s Grill & Bar, the health and safety of our guests is always our top priority, and we maintain very strict standards of food quality, safety and cleanliness in our restaurants. We take allegations like this very seriously and are currently investigating the situation internally. At this time, we cannot offer any additional details.”
According to records on the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation website, that Chili's location had last been inspected in July 2012. The restaurant met all food safety standards.