How to prepare for a career fair
Tips on how to get the job you want! Career Expo Thursday, August 16th 10am - 1pm Rasmussen College Fort Myers Campus www.Rasmussen.edu/careerexpo Video by fox4now.comvideo
WFTX - We love getting Southwest Florida back to work! Rasmussen College is hosting a career expo this on Thursday, the 16th at its Fort Myers campus. It's from 10am to 1pm.
Before you go, here are some tips to prepare.
1. The interview
· Preparation: (not company values, no company mission ) we’re talking understanding where this position fits within the company and the bottom line. What in the position do you have that you can offer the company? If you know this information you will be able to tailor your value/services to the company’s needs.
· Scenarios: Now that you know the company you will come up with 5-7 stories that relate to the position.You need to paint a picture for the hiring manager of what it would be like to work with you.
· Questions: Come prepared with questions that are most likely going to be answered in the interview. For example, what is the team dynamic. How do people work together? Do not ask: Salary and Benefits, Hours and Flexibility & Vacation time.
2. Resume advice.
· Align your resume with the job description. Take a highlighter and go through and mark anything that matches your qualifications in the job posting. Next, align your skills by making sure that is specified in your resume.
· Use the first third of the your resume as your advertising tool. Basically sell yourself in this section. Concrete, quantifiable and as description as possible. Fluff or broad descriptions don’t work. Employers need examples of what you’ve done related to their opening.
· Resume Keywords. You need to incorporate the keywords that are listed most throughout the job description in your resume.
For more information head to www.Rasmussen.edu/careerexpo