Fort Myers house fire sends three to the hospital

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Three people were taken to the hospital Sunday after a house burst into flames in Fort Myers, South Trail Fire Rescue said.

Crews responded to the scene at approximately 3:45 pm at 11495 Ranchette Road.

Several neighbors say they heard a loud explosion and immediately saw smoke billowing from the home.

Units on scene say the explosion could have come from a propane tank while the homeowner's relative said it was electrical.

Two firefighters were transported to the hospital for heat related illness. The homeowner was transported for smoke inhalation while trying to save his pets, crews said.

Crews continue to investigate the fire.

Print this article Back to Top